Christmas in the City
December is the perfect time to visit Brisbane as colourful lights and festive carols take over the city in the countdown to Christmas Day. It’s a magical experience for all with lots to take in. Each night from November 25, see the sparkling Brisbane Christmas Tree in King George Square, enjoy carolling next to your loved ones at the Brisbane City Hall, and don’t miss the Christmas markets at Little Stanley Street, South Bank.
There’ll also be plenty of festive entertainment to catch in the city, including:
- Peter Combe’s Christmas Album at the Brisbane Powerhouse on December 2
- Celebrating a Musical Christmas at St John’s Cathedral on December 5 and December 6
- Actually Christmas at La Boite Theatre Company from December 6 to December 8
- A Very Naughty Christmas at the Brisbane Powerhouse from December 6 to December 16
- A Christmas Carol at QPAC from December 7 to December 16
- Queensland Ballet’s The Nutcracker at QPAC from December 14 to December 22
New Year’s Eve Fireworks Spectacular
Being in Brisbane at the end of the year gives you a ticket to the best New Year’s Eve celebration in Queensland. Head to the Brisbane River on December 31 for the New Year’s Eve Fireworks Spectacular, which offers one explosive atmosphere with two momentous firework displays at 8.30pm and upon the strike of midnight. Make sure to arrive early to claim your vantage point, with ideal spots including the South Bank riverfront, the Brisbane City Botanic Gardens, and Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park. It’s one welcome to the New Year you won’t forget.
Don’t miss all the excitement in Brisbane this December with our affordable one bedroom Brisbane city apartments, which feature comfortable living and dining areas, convenient kitchenettes, and relaxing private balconies. For more information just visit https://www.hisitedirect.com.au